There are several medias at FSC for our members and non members to communicate with each other or to let others know what is going on. A few of the best ways below should be utilized to see what is happening or not happening at the club.
The FSC website lists the schedule calendar of events, range closures, directions, tournaments, happenings, links of interest, club rules, membership info, photos, and other information concerning the club and it’s events. It also provides several ways of contacting persons involved with the many things that take place at FSC. A wealth of information is available on the website and worth taking the time to explore.
- Calendar of Events -The yearly schedule calendar of events is planned well in advance of the upcoming year and is a general guideline of what is happening at the club for any given upcoming year. Though the club tries to list as accurately upcoming events or range closures, sometimes circumstances happen that changes are made after the calendar is set. It’s always wise to call the HOTLINE, referring to the latest newsletter, attending a membership meeting, or calling an event POC to see if there has been any changes to the schedule before attending an event or planning a day at the range. The FSC schedule is posted on the bulletin board at the clubhouse, is published online on the FSC website, and is included in the emailed digital edition of the newsletter. The ever popular “pocket sized” schedule card also has a general overview of dates and POC info.
- FSC HOTLINE – Calling the FSC HOTLINE 570.378.CLUB or 570.378.2593 is probably the best “real time” way of finding out if there has been any schedule changes, range closures, or any new events. It is also a great way to direct any questions concerning any of the club’s activities to the correct POCs by leaving a message. Event chairmen can also have the HOTLINE updated with any changes that may affect attendees to their event.
- FSC Newsletter – A typical issue includes info on the club, highlights of the last membership meeting, event of the month spotlight feature, chairmen reports, tournaments, raffles, fundraising events, members helping members section, and other points of interest of sportsmen and women happening inside and outside of the club. A monthly online issue is emailed to those on the distribution list and a hard copy is mailed every other month. Copies are archived on the FSC website.
- FSC Monthly Membership Meeting -Held the last Wednesday of every month at 7:30 pm, (2nd Wednesday in Nov. and Dec.). If you haven’t attended a FSC members / club meeting in a while, we’d be happy to see you again! It is an opportunity to hear what’s happening in the club, or to floor any concerns, suggestions, or improvements that you may have in mind to make your club the best that it can be, or even just to catch up with old friends. It is great time to gather for great conversation and comradely. The kitchen is usually also open providing a menu of tasty food and refreshments. If voting (elections in October) you need 6 meeting attendances, 9 meeting attendances if interested in running for an office.
- FSC Board Meetings – Held every 1st Monday of the month at 7:00 pm. If you want to hold an event, have an issue that you would like to get resolved, or want permission to do any improvements or assist in anyway, please do not hesitate to attend. It is an opportunity to bring to the floor any concerns, suggestions, or improvements that you may have in mind to make your club the best that it can be – you have a voice that will be heard.
- Member Orientation – Each month, new or existing members, Orientation night combines a sit down discussion about Range Safety, Range Rules, a brief description of the events held, plus weather permitting, a tour of the grounds. It gives an opportunity for new or existing members to ask questions, or even add input on what the “fresh eyes” see.
- Land Use Management Committee – discuss short term and long term layout of ranges, habitat & management of wildlife on the property, safety, maintenance, and other topics for the short and long term layout and success of FSC.